Thursday, April 7, 2011

Cannonball.


I made this blog several months ago. I have been scared of it ever since.

I wanted to begin blogging because I have many interests and, well... I love learning, sharing and contemplating things. However I was stumped on where to start. I wrote out a couple of drafts, I swished around a few ideas and got nowhere. So I will wing it... As tends to be my fall back more often and not and honestly... My writing tends to get worse the more drafts I do.

My name is Alice. I am a youngish wife and mother. I moved across the country at 20 years old and have never looked back. I feel at home in BC and have fallen head over heels in love with the power and energy of the Pacific and the rainforest.

I am a homemaker who strives to do a little
better each day. My husband Rocky is very supportive of my self education and is one of the most intelligent people I have ever met. Although our Virgo and Sagittarius combination makes compromise challenging and our brain to mouth filters sometime fall off, we are head over heels in love.

My daughter Sage Ocean is my greatest teacher. She was born at home, caught by an amazing midwife 18 months ago. We practice attachment parenting which for us means co-sleeping, baby wearing, nursing to term, gentle discipline and generally accepting that she is our equal and deserves the same respect that we offer each other.

Our lifestyle is borderline crunchy, we eat a lot of organic,vegan and raw food but still enjoy meat though we try hard to get it locally and grass fed/free range, try to avoid chemicals in our food, house keeping, grooming etc. Though I am a sucker for red wine and caramilk bars!

My passions revolve around natural health, birth, nursing, instinctual living, growing food, cooking, parenting, crafting and adventures.

Well, there it is. My very first Blog... Now that I have broken the ice I hope I will post more easily and on topic... Happy spring and thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment